ServiceLive Community   About Us | Terms of Use | ServiceLive | Contact Us
Support# 1-888.549.0640
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM CDT
Sat 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
Sun 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT


Go Back   ServiceLive Community > ServiceLive Support > Suggestion Box

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register to start interacting with other service providers and ServiceLive!
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #21
streamline
Provider Council Group
 
streamline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee1013 View Post
I know I'm missing out as I have never been contacted by a private buyer! Everyone I talk to in this area knows NOTHING about Service Live.
Ditto! In fact, if I even mention something about Servicelive, the client or customer automatically say, "Dont you mean Servicemagic?"
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #22
Fiver000
Provider Action Team
 
Fiver000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Whoo HOO!
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline View Post
Ditto! In fact, if I even mention something about Servicelive, the client or customer automatically say, "Dont you mean Servicemagic?"
Have you ever check in to service magic? I am sure you have, But have you ever taken the time to read the endless list's of consumer complaints?

I saw this coming a mile away and stayed as far away from them as humanly possible. Check out this link to the consumer complaints on service magic.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeo...vicemagic.html
__________________
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
Fiver000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #23
streamline
Provider Council Group
 
streamline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver000 View Post
Have you ever check in to service magic? I am sure you have, But have you ever taken the time to read the endless list's of consumer complaints?

I saw this coming a mile away and stayed as far away from them as humanly possible. Check out this link to the consumer complaints on service magic.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeo...vicemagic.html
I personally have never had any problems with them. But yes, I have seen and heard the complaints. But after 100's of job leads, only a handful of bogus and lost leads, a consistant work flow of won leads, and the building of a bigger client base, I cannot complain too much myself.

Amazingly, they have a A- rating with the BBB. Even after 337 complaints in the last 36 months!
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #24
Fiver000
Provider Action Team
 
Fiver000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Whoo HOO!
Posts: 2,324
Default

I am sorry but I just cannot bring myself to offer up my personel banking info and pay $10.00 for each lead (weather you land the job or not) with a pre set maximun of leads a month not knowing if any of these lead will even produce.
I have always had in the back of my mind that they are buying list's just like the telemarketers do, and these are the leads you get.
Plus the guy contacting me (Don Havercorn) was just WAY TO PUSHY AND DEMANDING) after repeated declines from me he just could not seem to understand that I was not interested. I finally had to resort to threatening him with a no contact order. That worked until my file was eventually given to another guy. Go figure.
__________________
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
Fiver000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #25
rhblakeman
Level 9
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver000 View Post
Have you ever check in to service magic? I am sure you have, But have you ever taken the time to read the endless list's of consumer complaints?

I saw this coming a mile away and stayed as far away from them as humanly possible. Check out this link to the consumer complaints on service magic.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeo...vicemagic.html
ServiceMagic is a joke - the only winner in that is the people running that scam. Same with that other scam that rips off the consumer side named Angie's List. They don't advertise endlessly by not making gobs of money with those referral scams.
rhblakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #26
jaybee1013
Level 10
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhblakeman View Post
ServiceMagic is a joke - the only winner in that is the people running that scam. Same with that other scam that rips off the consumer side named Angie's List. They don't advertise endlessly by not making gobs of money with those referral scams.
Service Magic has quite promotion going now, and that could be the answer to that? When they contacted me I found it hard to pay for a possibility. It just seems like another try at making money off of the poor job market right now.
jaybee1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #27
streamline
Provider Council Group
 
streamline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee1013 View Post
Service Magic has quite promotion going now, and that could be the answer to that? When they contacted me I found it hard to pay for a possibility. It just seems like another try at making money off of the poor job market right now.
You both have hit the nail right on the head. When I am busy with other work and leads, I shut their leads off. We have gotten several good jobs off of their platform. I just add the lead fee on to the bid. At least with them, I dont have to sit there and stare at a computer 24/7 and have a better chance of getting the job by competing against only 3-4 contractors, and not 15-30. and we have more than 3 minutes to decide on taking or rejecting the lead.
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 PM.



Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz
2007-2016. ServiceLive, Inc