ServiceLive Community   About Us | Terms of Use | ServiceLive | Contact Us
Support# 1-888.549.0640
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM CDT
Sat 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
Sun 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT

Go Back   ServiceLive Community > ServiceLive Support > How to become a Service Pro

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register to start interacting with other service providers and ServiceLive!
Register Now

Old 03-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
TPainting
Level 1

Default How does this system work?

I am a painting contractor and a little confuse about how your system works. It seems that most of the provider here are computer technician.. am I in the right place? And how does this process works for both ends?
TPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
rhblakeman
Level 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPainting View Post
I am a painting contractor and a little confuse about how your system works. It seems that most of the provider here are computer technician.. am I in the right place? And how does this process works for both ends?
It's a multi-trades system, just those of us in IT work mostly have big mouths via our fingers. Frank can explain the finer points of the system but you are in the right place as a painter. If things pick up in painting I may change careers - too many people in the IT field anymore that will take peanuts that are ruining the whole field.
rhblakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
Frank
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhblakeman View Post
It's a multi-trades system, just those of us in IT work mostly have big mouths via our fingers. Frank can explain the finer points of the system but you are in the right place as a painter. If things pick up in painting I may change careers - too many people in the IT field anymore that will take peanuts that are ruining the whole field.
Thanks Russell!

TPainting,

Welcome to the community. Our system connects homeowners who are in need of service with a service provider. A Service Order is entered into our system by the buyer (Homeowner) and it's routed to a qualified provider based on location and skill category. The provider will have 3 choices in order to receive the service order; 1. Accept, 2. Accept with a conditional, 3. Reject. You can attend one of our training sessions to learn more. Click on the link to see the training schedule.

http://community.servicelive.com/doc...ing_3_2008.htm

---------------------------------
Quote: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. Benjamin Franklin
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
rhblakeman
Level 9

Tolya Frank was da man to tell all.

(still eyeballing that roller, brush and airless sprayer as new tools of the trade )
rhblakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
hallright
Advisory Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPainting View Post
Welcome TPainting.
The community forums are designed for providers to communicate with each other on a variety of topics. You can share experiences, pick up some new info and even vent or complain a little. These forums are kinda like the office water-cooler...without the water. Or the office. Or the cooler. Actually, the forums are nothing like the office water-cooler.
Anyway, peruse around a bit, avoid any threads with the letters "H" or "P" in them, and let us know a little more about your company. And a little helpful hint...If Frank asks you for your credit card #'s, your mother's maiden name, and ATM card PIN, don't fall for it. I'm still trying to sort out the mess.
www.westwingsolutions.com
214-878-7547
hallright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
intgr8
Level 7

I thought I would say "Hi" and welcome aboard. What type painting are you into, custom, faux, outside, inside etc?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
Frank
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallright View Post
Welcome TPainting.
The community forums are designed for providers to communicate with each other on a variety of topics. You can share experiences, pick up some new info and even vent or complain a little. These forums are kinda like the office water-cooler...without the water. Or the office. Or the cooler. Actually, the forums are nothing like the office water-cooler.
Anyway, peruse around a bit, avoid any threads with the letters "H" or "P" in them, and let us know a little more about your company. And a little helpful hint...If Frank asks you for your credit card #'s, your mother's maiden name, and ATM card PIN, don't fall for it. I'm still trying to sort out the mess.
Your a riot! Scott not to worry you money is in a good place.

Quote: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. Benjamin Franklin
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote