ServiceLive Community   About Us | Terms of Use | ServiceLive | Contact Us
Support# 1-888.549.0640
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM CDT
Sat 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
Sun 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT

Go Back   ServiceLive Community > ServiceLive Support > Suggestion Box

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register to start interacting with other service providers and ServiceLive!
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #21
jaybee1013
Level 10

I agree with taking what you can get, but screwing the customer because we have to mark it up so high just to recover our parts costs, and some labor stinks!
Frank's comment was out of line, and he would understand if he was in our situation. He has said "he can't swing a hammer", so he doesn't know the system we've been thrown into. He say's then we shouldn't accept jobs? Where is our income going to come from? I was told to put all my effort into Sears years ago, and now with this economy I am supposed to find another source? Good luck! All your eggs in one basket is not the ideal situation, but when BIG SEARS says devote to me, and income is good, why wouldn't someone devote to it? Maybe all the employees at SL should have 10% taken from their pay? Maybe Sears folks too? Let's spread this out so Sears can really bolster their profits! Good Idea?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #22
Kclapper
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee1013 View Post
I agree with taking what you can get, but screwing the customer because we have to mark it up so high just to recover our parts costs, and some labor stinks!
Frank's comment was out of line, and he would understand if he was in our situation. He has said "he can't swing a hammer", so he doesn't know the system we've been thrown into. He say's then we shouldn't accept jobs? Where is our income going to come from? I was told to put all my effort into Sears years ago, and now with this economy I am supposed to find another source? Good luck! All your eggs in one basket is not the ideal situation, but when BIG SEARS says devote to me, and income is good, why wouldn't someone devote to it? Maybe all the employees at SL should have 10% taken from their pay? Maybe Sears folks too? Let's spread this out so Sears can really bolster their profits! Good Idea?
GREAT IDEA!! try it for a week....hehehe.........$h!t would hit the fan from people other than us!

And yes it does stink having to be unfair just so we can make a profit. I had all my eggs in the Circuit City basket, but business was good, I was busy and making decent money so I didn't have much to complain or worry about until the shut the doors, so now I refuse to keep my eggs together.
I do understand where you "old timers" are coming from, having devoted your business and company to Sears and now being told to find other sources of work. It is not the easiest, especially when you are comfortable with what you have or should I say had. With this economy it is not easy for anyone to find more sources of income, just find ways to make what you have work to your advantage(it can be done).
Old 05-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #23
KENTJACKSON
Level 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kclapper View Post
this is an issue that can be discussed and debated forever. I believe we are in a lose lose situation.
Take what money YOU can get when you can...................
Up against the wall and spread em!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #24
Frank
Level 10

Quote:
Jeff,

If orders are being accepted at whatever price than the marketplace is working. If pros would stand pat and counter these offers I would think the buyers would get a hint that the current price is not fair or below market value. I have no control unfortunately to adjust prices.

---------------------------------
Quote: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #25
jaybee1013
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL-Frank View Post
Jeff,

If orders are being accepted at whatever price than the marketplace is working. If pros would stand pat and counter these offers I would think the buyers would get a hint that the current price is not fair or below market value. I have no control unfortunately to adjust prices.
Frank,
I know you don't, but the issue we were discussing here is the 10 % taken from COS, trip charges, and haul aways. Who then should we direct this to?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #26
Frank
Level 10

Quote:
Frank,
I know you don't, but the issue we were discussing here is the 10 % taken from COS, trip charges, and haul aways. Who then should we direct this to?
Sears controls this if they are the buyer. My only guess would be support for RI specific to Sears. Ask them where can you to direct this question to.

Quote: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #27
kenn
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL-Frank View Post
Sears controls this if they are the buyer. My only guess would be support for RI specific to Sears. Ask them where can you to direct this question to.
Are you saying Sears (the retail store) and Sears (ServiceLive) have absolutely nothing to do with each other? I can see where a SL process/function and a Sears process/function are not compatible with each other, but not working together at all? This is counter productive.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #28
hoffs812
Level 5

i can think of some great suggestions to have everyone make more money here...but why suggest them when some higher up Sears person will steal my idea and claim it as their own
Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #29
kenn
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffs812 View Post
i can think of some great suggestions to have everyone make more money here...but why suggest them when some higher up Sears person will steal my idea and claim it as their own
Do you really care about getting credit? Suggest away!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #30
hoffs812
Level 5

kenn,

ok one of my ideas is one that should of been thought of from the very beginning of service live...so we have to print out out orders every day....why not have a printout that we give to customers that advertises service live...each one could have a promo code tied to the providers account...if a customer uses this code and creates a service order on service live, the provider gets some kind of compensation...maybe some kind of credit into our service wallet...or not have the 10% fee taken out of a order we submit for payment

i don't know why something like this wasn't thought of from the beginning...it inform customers about service live and make it grow and create more service orders!

-mike hofferica
hofferica appliance service
tampa, florida
Closed Thread