ServiceLive Community   About Us | Terms of Use | ServiceLive | Contact Us
Support# 1-888.549.0640
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM CDT
Sat 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
Sun 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT

Go Back   ServiceLive Community > Technology > ServiceLive Platform

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register to start interacting with other service providers and ServiceLive!
Register Now

Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
emmacowand
Level 2

Default outdoor lawn (patio sets)

just found out recently that in pennsylvania (dont know if its anywhere else) that home delivery is doing level 1, 2 and 3 outdoor lawn (patio sets). we are only going out and doing gazebos and sheds which are rare in this area. taking away patio sets for home delivery to do is taking alot of work away from me as I do assembly and tvs (and this time of year tv nstalls are rare). First they take away fitness 1, 2 and 3 away from us here and now after just finding out they took patio sets. I am just looking for input and to see if this is going on everywhere
emmacowand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #2
Stelletti
Banned

Don't know about here, but nothing is guaranteed I guess. Not that it will make you feel better about it.
Stelletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Kclapper
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmacowand View Post
just found out recently that in pennsylvania (dont know if its anywhere else) that home delivery is doing level 1, 2 and 3 outdoor lawn (patio sets). we are only going out and doing gazebos and sheds which are rare in this area. taking away patio sets for home delivery to do is taking alot of work away from me as I do assembly and tvs (and this time of year tv nstalls are rare). First they take away fitness 1, 2 and 3 away from us here and now after just finding out they took patio sets. I am just looking for input and to see if this is going on everywhere
We are still seeing some, but that seems to be the direction a lot of companies are headed, having home delivery do installations.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
jmglastetter
Level 3

Haven't done a patio set here in so long I wouldn't even know if delivery is doing them.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #5
lavisionclaraiii
Level 4

Default note

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kclapper View Post
We are still seeing some, but that seems to be the direction a lot of companies are headed, having home delivery do installations.
same here, we found out a little while ago , no one call or sent an email, we just receive patio install and just to arrive at customer home, for the customer to say delivery did install. Also with grills, now and then we get jobs when delivery did not do it or its 60 miles away. we just reject because delivery suppose to do it.

Last edited by lavisionclaraiii; 07-05-2014 at 06:44 PM.
lavisionclaraiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #6
emmacowand
Level 2

Default patio sets

we havnt done grills in 2 years here. only time we do grills if its bought online. same with level 1, 2 and 3 fitness we only do them when customers order online. basically the only thing we have left are tv's. and now is the really slow time for tv's, and the odd open market installs. sears literally took 70% of my work and gave it to home delivery. so how tell me how is the customer suppose to be able to pick the day when they want it installed and I only have 1 install for their area and it actually costs me to do the one install. I heard that if it takes an hour or less then home delivery are going o do the install. Dont know how sears can expect us to live on 3-7 installs a week and schedule them in when they want it done. The installs that are coming in aren't even enough to cover gas and tolls not even getting paid for our time. Found out about a site that has a decent amount of jobs that we can do. Going to check them out and keep everyone posted on how thats going. If anyone else is slow let me know and We can give you the site.
emmacowand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
world class
Provider Action Team

Been doing Sears installations for 30+ years for 17 stores. Every year it gets worse. Never had to look anywhere else for work but today I did. What I found is shocking! Other sites offering 3 times what Sears is paying for the same installation. Would you like your tech's to make $500 a week or $1500 a week? It's a NO BRAINER. You can't charge $179.99 retail and throw the installer $50 bucks and keep the rest. That's not good business. The only one making money is Fast Eddie. Remember, you get what you pay for. Goodbye Fast Eddie...you just lost a World Class installation company. Peace out
world class is offline   Reply With Quote