ServiceLive Community   About Us | Terms of Use | ServiceLive | Contact Us
Support# 1-888.549.0640
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM CDT
Sat 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
Sun 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT

Go Back   ServiceLive Community > Technology > ServiceLive Pro App

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register to start interacting with other service providers and ServiceLive!
Register Now

Old 08-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
jmglastetter
Level 3

Default Model/Serial # entry

I'm not necessarily requesting a change, but was curious as to why Serial # is entered first before Model #.
All merchandise I have ever seen always reads Model # first, then Serial #. Many many times I've caught myself entering the Model # in the first box, then having to correct it. Not so fun when poking it in on your phone.

This also applies to the desktop site as well, but moving the model # I've already typed, down to the serial # box is easier with a mouse and keyboard.

Last edited by jmglastetter; 08-03-2014 at 03:03 PM.
jmglastetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
Shahroz O
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmglastetter View Post
I'm not necessarily requesting a change, but was curious as to why Serial # is entered first before Model #.
All merchandise I have ever seen always reads Model # first, then Serial #. Many many times I've caught myself entering the Model # in the first box, then having to correct it. Not so fun when poking it in on your phone.

This also applies to the desktop site as well, but moving the model # I've already typed, down to the serial # box is easier with a mouse and keyboard.
Jeremy,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any inconveniences. I don't think it would be a lot of effort to change the sequence however, I would assume that most of the providers on buyer 1000 have been accustomed to the sequence that has been in play 5+ yrs. When you find that you have to correct are you able to highlight, copy, and paste into the correct field on mobile?

Thanks,
Shahroz O
Shahroz O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #3
jmglastetter
Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahroz O View Post
Jeremy,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any inconveniences. I don't think it would be a lot of effort to change the sequence however, I would assume that most of the providers on buyer 1000 have been accustomed to the sequence that has been in play 5+ yrs. When you find that you have to correct are you able to highlight, copy, and paste into the correct field on mobile?
You are right, I'm also one to be accustomed to their order when using SL a lot/consistently. It only tricks me after using other platforms (I get work from many more than just SL) and takes myself getting re-accustomed to it every time.

I do know of the cut/paste feature on mobile. If I'm partway done when realizing the error, I'll backspace the data and re-start. If I've completed entry in first box, I'll cut/paste data to the second box.

Last edited by jmglastetter; 08-04-2014 at 08:20 AM.
jmglastetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
jmglastetter
Level 3

Also regarding Model/Serial #, but not the order in which they appear.

Suggestion: The possibility to enter or save the Model/Serial # without being within the "Complete Order" process.

Example: When installing GDO, I wish to enter Model/Serial # while installing the unit, already up on ladder. During the "Complete Order" process, my ladders are not in the garage anymore, but already loaded.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
Kclapper
Level 10

Quote:

Suggestion: The possibility to enter or save the Model/Serial # without being within the "Complete Order" process.

Example: When installing GDO, I wish to enter Model/Serial # while installing the unit, already up on ladder. During the "Complete Order" process, my ladders are not in the garage anymore, but already loaded.
I do not do GDO, but I would have to agree with you on this one.

We could run into similar issues with mounting tv's since the info is on the back. recording it before the TV goes up.

Before I get shredded...I know we can go into the menu and find this info on the TV, but for simplicity and trying to relate the issue mentioned above.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
Shahroz O
Administrator

Default Great suggestion

Quote:

Great suggestion and I will share with the team. On our next release we are looking at the capability of using the camera function to use with the bar codes that are now on the product for model and serial number which will also help to capture accurate info. However, I hear you on the step to capture in advance of completion.

Thanks for sharing and keep the feedback coming :-)

Regards,
Shahroz O
Shahroz O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #7
Kclapper
Level 10

Quote:
Great suggestion and I will share with the team. On our next release we are looking at the capability of using the camera function to use with the bar codes that are now on the product for model and serial number which will also help to capture accurate info. However, I hear you on the step to capture in advance of completion.

Regards,
Shahroz O
That sounds even better!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #8
streamline
Provider Council Group

Quote:

Regards,
Shahroz O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kclapper View Post
That sounds even better!
That does sound great! But how can we scan a bar code on a product/item that we cannot locate or have to track down? How about GPS locators on merchandise? Much bigger fish to fry...
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #9
Kclapper
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline View Post
That does sound great! But how can we scan a bar code on a product/item that we cannot locate or have to track down? How about GPS locators on merchandise? Much bigger fish to fry...
I can only click the Thanks button once.....I wanted to click about 15 times
Old 08-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #10
jmglastetter
Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kclapper View Post
I do not do GDO, but I would have to agree with you on this one.

We could run into similar issues with mounting tv's since the info is on the back. recording it before the TV goes up.
Yes, I have run into this with TV's as well.