ServiceLive Community   About Us | Terms of Use | ServiceLive | Contact Us
Support# 1-888.549.0640
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM CDT
Sat 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
Sun 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT

Go Back   ServiceLive Community > The Lounge > General Discussion Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register to start interacting with other service providers and ServiceLive!
Register Now

Old 12-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #11
streamline
Provider Council Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL-Frank View Post
Jaybee I will share you response with the App team....Thank you!
Had to totally reboot my phone today to even get the app to work. checked in and out on 3 orders today, but 2 claimed they couldnt close and submit for payment since there was missing info. when I got back to office, pic and cx sig were already attached to work orders, hit submit on both and both went through on the computer, but would not go through on the app.

Nothing was missing on the work orders for submitting and payment, so why wouldnt they go through on the app? Data connection was perfect with 4G and 5 bars on my phone, so I know it was not my phone. Constant network failures on app. Everyday rebooting phone or tablet to get app to work.

Really hard to mandate usage when these types of problems occur. When it works, it is awesome, but today we seemed to have more problems than ever before now that it is a mandate.
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #12
Frank
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline View Post
Had to totally reboot my phone today to even get the app to work. checked in and out on 3 orders today, but 2 claimed they couldnt close and submit for payment since there was missing info. when I got back to office, pic and cx sig were already attached to work orders, hit submit on both and both went through on the computer, but would not go through on the app.

Nothing was missing on the work orders for submitting and payment, so why wouldnt they go through on the app? Data connection was perfect with 4G and 5 bars on my phone, so I know it was not my phone. Constant network failures on app. Everyday rebooting phone or tablet to get app to work.

Really hard to mandate usage when these types of problems occur. When it works, it is awesome, but today we seemed to have more problems than ever before now that it is a mandate.
Eric, my feeling is this is related to the latency issues over the last 2 weeks. More to come.

---------------------------------
Quote: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. Benjamin Franklin
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #13
streamline
Provider Council Group

Quote:
Eric, my feeling is this is related to the latency issues over the last 2 weeks. More to come.
I was thinking the same. Just wanted to leave some feedback so the team has an idea of what is going on @ our end so they can pounce on it. Thanks Frank
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #14
Frank
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline View Post
I was thinking the same. Just wanted to leave some feedback so the team has an idea of what is going on @ our end so they can pounce on it. Thanks Frank
Like I said these past two weeks feel like the days where we struggled with performance. I am meeting with my team today to discuss what activities are in place to fix this issue.

Thanks for all your feedback!

Quote: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #15
WPTabitha
Level 1

Jaybee1013, Payment submission is based on the permission level you assign to your technician, if you do not want your technician to view pricing, please update their permission level via ServiceLive. Click Here for instructions on managing your team, permission levels can be changed under the “Marketplace Preference” tab) the technician will still be able to collect electronic signatures, photos and payment information.
WPTabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #16
Kclapper
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmacowand View Post
The problem mainly comes from not having any signal to bring up the app. When we bring up the app it doesnt load up. How exactly are we going to take a picture of the customers signature when the app wont load in bad areas where we dont get signal? We cant even IVR in with the app or bring up the work order for customer to sign. Is there an offline button that we could turn on so that it would still load up and could get the customers signature and then when we have signal later we could bring up the app, then ivr in and out when we have signal? I was told that we could still use the app when we dont have signal and it would auto close out the order when we do get to an area where we do have signal but this is not the case

Any input with this would be appreciated
I agree that this app should work offline. There are far too many "dead" zones out there and lack of service for this type of app to rely on good service. It can then load and process when we get adequate coverage. Just a suggestion.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #17
Kclapper
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee1013 View Post
The issue I see is having problems with the AP as we do with the SL web site. Also the installers will see the price paid!
This will also require installers to upgrade to smart phones, and maintain a data plan all for more money when we are working with an expired contract, and OVER four year old prices.

I say, lets get the web site working well consistently, and then update the install prices, and then we can discuss the new AP.

Just my thoughts?
I am with you on getting prices updated. As the economy has turned around so have the cost of business. Our pay needs to reflect.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:52 AM   #18
jaybee1013
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kclapper View Post
I am with you on getting prices updated. As the economy has turned around so have the cost of business. Our pay needs to reflect.
I will not ask my guys to upgrade to smart phones, and a data plan for an AP that won't work all the time, and we really don't want it!
Let's see the Web site working consistently, and provider support issuing trip charges when they are truly due first, then we'll talk AP.
jaybee1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #19
Frank
Level 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee1013 View Post
I will not ask my guys to upgrade to smart phones, and a data plan for an AP that won't work all the time, and we really don't want it!
Let's see the Web site working consistently, and provider support issuing trip charges when they are truly due first, then we'll talk AP.
JayBee, you are not obligated to purchase smart devices. We recommend that you use the App.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #20
jaybee1013
Level 10

Quote:
JayBee, you are not obligated to purchase smart devices. We recommend that you use the App.
How do we use the Ap without a smart phone?
jaybee1013 is offline   Reply With Quote