ServiceLive Community   About Us | Terms of Use | ServiceLive | Contact Us
Support# 1-888.549.0640
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM CDT
Sat 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
Sun 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT


Go Back   ServiceLive Community > ServiceLive Support > How to become a Service Pro

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register to start interacting with other service providers and ServiceLive!
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 11:54 PM   #11
gcanservices
Level 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Default

A+ cert is debatable since it's going away in a couple of years.
gcanservices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #12
SandTech
Level 6
 
SandTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 386
Default

I do have insurace, registered with the state, and grauduated with double certificate.

That wasnt my main point.
It was that you could have insurance and registered with the state, but you dont have to have certification to do the practice.

not my state only any state.
SandTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #13
Frank
Level 10
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Deer Park, NY
Posts: 7,665
Default

I agree that a business owner should know and follow local and state laws.

I don't think a person should be required to have a degree in IT or Computer Science to work as a PC/IT provider, but Microsoft certification or A+ should be a pre-requisite. I have always been a firm believer that experience out-weighs a person fresh out of college. I have worked in the technology field in many verticals for over 27 years and in my experience, my best techs were those with field experience. If you have both, that's even better.

My opinion only.
__________________
Frank Jovine

---------------------------------
Quote: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. Benjamin Franklin
---------------------------------
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #14
BigBill10
Level 1
 
BigBill10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
I agree that a business owner should know and follow local and state laws.

I don't think a person should be required to have a degree in IT or Computer Science to work as a PC/IT provider, but Microsoft certification or A+ should be a pre-requisite. I have always been a firm believer that experience out-weighs a person fresh out of college. I have worked in the technology field in many verticals for over 27 years and in my experience, my best techs were those with field experience. If you have both, that's even better.

My opinion only.
I agree with you Frank.

As a service manager for many years I have found great value in people who know how to Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.
BigBill10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #15
Frank
Level 10
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Deer Park, NY
Posts: 7,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBill10 View Post
I agree with you Frank.

As a service manager for many years I have found great value in people who know how to Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.
Welcome Bill!

That statement sounds like you were a Marine. I believe the movie that had that same statement was Heartbreak Ridge.

Hope to see you in the community more often!
__________________
Frank Jovine

---------------------------------
Quote: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. Benjamin Franklin
---------------------------------
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #16
rhblakeman
Level 9
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Welcome Bill!

That statement sounds like you were a Marine. I believe the movie that had that same statement was Heartbreak Ridge.

Hope to see you in the community more often!
Heartbreak Ridge better than Brokeback Mountain LOL. A lot of my adapting, modifying, etc to meet needs also came from being a military "lifer" where we were secondary to the "mission" whether it was in the missile shop, on the flightline or even in the classroom when I was a technical instructor. Of course my dad brought us up with the same work ethic with him having grown up in depression era Chicago (he was one of 8 kids raised by mom, dad skipped to Canada when he was 5) and having been in the Army then a machinist/tool& die maker then a career Chicago cop. No way a person with little or no work ethic or customer service ethic can make it in business especially self employed.
rhblakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #17
Frank
Level 10
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Deer Park, NY
Posts: 7,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhblakeman View Post
Heartbreak Ridge better than Brokeback Mountain LOL. A lot of my adapting, modifying, etc to meet needs also came from being a military "lifer" where we were secondary to the "mission" whether it was in the missile shop, on the flightline or even in the classroom when I was a technical instructor. Of course my dad brought us up with the same work ethic with him having grown up in depression era Chicago (he was one of 8 kids raised by mom, dad skipped to Canada when he was 5) and having been in the Army then a machinist/tool& die maker then a career Chicago cop. No way a person with little or no work ethic or customer service ethic can make it in business especially self employed.
I agree, and I was not in the service because my dad went through some tough times and I had to not only work at 15/16 years old, but also contribute to the household as a provider. I grew up very fast and appreciate everything I have today even through it's not much I still enjoy life. My work ethics are not anything greater than the people here. I do believe in on thing and I preach it often though it lands on deaf ears. "It's not how many hours you work, but how much you get done that adds value" I know some people are insecure and will make comments about hours worked. They do this because they're threaten by you and your ability to make a difference.

I will stop there because I can ramble a lot about people in the work place.
__________________
Frank Jovine

---------------------------------
Quote: "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. Benjamin Franklin
---------------------------------
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Approval Status pegsat How to become a Service Pro 8 12-03-2007 11:15 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 AM.



Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz
2007-2016. ServiceLive, Inc